ONLINE PROTECTIONMore Info & Help
- Keep your computers and mobile devices up to date. Having the latest security software, web browser and operating system are the best defenses against viruses, malware and other online threats. Turn on automatic updates so you receive the newest fixes as they become available.
- Set strong passwords. A strong password is at least eight characters in length and includes a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
- Watch out for phishing scams. Phishing scams use fraudulent emails and websites to trick users into disclosing private account or login information. Do not click on links or open any attachments or pop-up screens from unfamiliar sources.
- Keep personal information personal. Hackers can use social media profiles to figure out your passwords and answer those security questions in the password reset tools. Lock down your privacy settings and avoid posting birthdays, addresses, mother"s maiden name, etc. Be wary of requests to connect from people you do not know.
- Secure your internet connection. Always protect your home wireless network with a password. When connecting to public Wi-Fi networks, be cautious about what information you are sending over it.
- Shop safely. Before shopping online, make sure the website uses secure technology. When you are at the checkout screen, verify that the web address begins with https. Also, check to see if a tiny locked padlock symbol appears on the page.
If you believe you have been victimized by identity theft, we can help. Stop by any Valley National Bank office, contact us online or call our toll free, 24/7 Customer Service Department at 1-800-522-4100. For calls made from outside the U.S., please call 1-973-305-8800.
Also, cyber-liability insurance is available from Masters Coverage Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of Valley National Bank. You can request a free, no obligation quote today by calling Masters toll-free at 1-800-777-6100 or you can fill out the online referral form and one of Masters' insurance specialists will contact you.